Friday, March 6, 2009

Parfait Club Fifth Meeting



Location: Tea Room, Shinsekai, Osaka
Members present: Kelly O., Kelly R., Kristin
Parfaits tried: 3 Choco-fruits ¥740
Ingredients:
Cherry, vanilla ice cream, whipped cream, chocolate syrup, pineapple, kiwi and banana on top. Whipped cream and chocolate in the middle. Citrus fruit on the bottom.

Reviews:
Kristin--I am normally very fond of a lot of whipped topping, but this one had way too much, especially when it was mixed with the rich, chocolate syrup. I would have preferred more ice cream. The bottom was also very watery due to the fruit, and I missed have anything crunchy or particularly interesting in the middle. I loved the fruit on the top, however, and the pineapple was a particularly flavorful treat. Other than that, nothing special...and the restaurant itself is again both nonsmoking and smoking together.

Kelly O.--I agree with Kristin that the whipped cream was like whoa, but I thought that it at least had a very good flavor--it didn't give me that tongue-coating sensation that some really thick whipped cream does, but it was still very rich. But yes, more ice cream would have been preferable.
The fruit was really amazing--pineapple! Ohmigoodness! ^.^ I really enjoyed that part. And there was a cherry on top! How cute! It was all very visually-appealing. I wasn't crazy about the mandarins-and-juice at the bottom, though. I dunno, the flavors didn't mesh right for me... plus random parfait-water is yucky. >.<
Being asthmatic and full of allergies to boot, I was not crazy about the lack of smoking segregation. However, I very much enjoyed this parfait, and the cute little sandwiches (including one made with fruit!) beg a return visit. Plus, the lady at the register and the waiter both seemed to think we were very funny. ^.^ They were very nice to us. All-in-all, I'd go back... I'd just try for a seat as far away from the smokers as possible.

Kelly R.--The ice cream and fruit topping portions were delish. However, as you may have gathered by past postings, I am not a fan of loads of whipped cream. The entire middle section was just whipped cream and chocolate mixed together. Not very appealing.

No comments:

Post a Comment